The Diocese of Steubenville Archives was established around 2005 and has grown significantly throughout the past twelve years both in size and in content. The archives is the official repository for diocesan records and artifacts and holds a substantial collection of historically and culturally significant documents and objects concerning not only the Diocese of Steubenville and its parishes, but also the history of Catholicism in Eastern Ohio. Records date back to around the 1830s, when the area was still part of the Diocese of Columbus before breaking away in 1944, to the present day.
Archive services are available to diocesan administrative offices, pastors, and parishes. Genealogical research requests, as well as other requests, are accepted via our online forms. However, as a closed repository, all research requests will be carried out by an archives staff member (please see our Archives Policy document for further information).
School Records and Transcripts
Steubenville Register Newspapers,
Audiovisual Media and Photographs
Emily Teachout - Student Intern Archivist
Pat Coyle - Volunteer / Genealogy Researcher
Located in the Chancery Building:
422 Washington Street
PO Box 969
Steubenville Ohio 43952-5969