Office of Christian Formation and Schools
Spreading the Gospel message of Jesus Christ!
The Office of Christian Formation & Schools provides catechist certification and formation programs for parish and school catechists. Additional services include adult formation, assistance with parish evangelization, youth and young adult , family and parish council ministries as well as ministry to persons with disabilities. Audio-visual materials for parish and school religious education are available.
The office also provides leadership and service to 10 elementary and 3 high schools. Its services include: school accreditation, professional development, curriculum development, processing of teacher certification and licensure, legal assistance, and monitoring the receipt and expenditure of government funds.
The Christian Formation & Schools Team is committed to spreading the Gospel message of Jesus Christ through catechetical and formation programs throughout the Diocese of Steubenville. We are happy to respond to diocesan, deanery, and parish needs, collaborating with pastors to foster faith development at all levels of parish and school life.
Fortnight for Freedom — Resources
The USCCB has assembled a number of resources to help parishes celebrate the Fortnight for Freedom from June 21 to July 4, 2016.
- The Right to Religious Freedom — This new video explains Church teaching on religious freedom from Dignitatis Humanae and highlights current challenges to religious freedom, including the HHS mandate and global religious persecution.
- Fourteen "Witnesses to Freedom" — These 14 one-pagers highlight individual witnesses to the faith from here in the U.S. and around the world. They include St. Edith Stein, Bl. Oscar Romero, the Coptic Christian martyrs, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Religious Liberty
- One-page bulletin inserts, including:
- Religious Liberty High School Lesson Plans — These five lesson plans teach high school students about various facets of religious liberty.
Readings for the Week of May 28, 2017
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47 / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68 / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Zep 3:14-18a or Rom 12:9-16 / Is 12 / Lk 1:39-56
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16 / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103 / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11 / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104 / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3 or Ps 19 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107 / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104 / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104 / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23