Diocese of Steubenville
Interactive Media Coordinator/Staff Reporter
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a social media strategy, implementation of that strategy while working with an overall plan of marketing and communications.
- Manage social media campaigns as well as day to day activities. Duties include but are not limited to creation of new content, locating timely and pertinent information from other reliable Catholic sources, and manage and coordinate content created within the Diocesan departments, parishes, schools, etc. to ensure promotion of Diocesan wide activities.
- Develop social media tools for website such as sharing buttons etc.
- Become an advocate for the Diocese of Steubenville in social media spaces engaging in dialogue when appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and apps.
- Develop effective benchmarks for measuring and analyzing social media outreach.
- Clarify goals for all on-line and social media presence.
- Create, develop, and manage the vision and content for Diocesan web presence. This will eventually include a redesign of the site.
- Coordinate web projects across all Diocesan departments while maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout the web presence.
- Work with IT to establish SEO.
- Write articles, Interview individuals, and take photographs for The Steubenville Register, the official newspaper of the Diocese.
- Excellent writing, editing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Layout and design using InDesign and Photoshop.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms.
- Multitask while accurately attending to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently, display initiative, and make substantive decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of HTML helpful.
- Ample knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith.
- Must understand, support and embrace the mission of The Diocese of Steubenville
- Willingness to travel throughout the 13 county area.
- Some locations may require climbing stairs.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the Diocese’s growing needs.
Submit resume, cover letter, writing samples, and references via e-mail to: email@example.com
For listings not associated with the Diocese of Steubenville we recommend going to: