Diocese of Steubenville
Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Seeks to foster within all young people and those who minister to them a deeper, life-giving relationship with Jesus and the Church. This position strives to provide the vision and leadership necessary to serve parish youth and young adult ministry efforts in a culturally diverse Church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the United States Catholic Bishops' documents Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and plan annual Diocesan youth rally, Theology on Tap, participation in World Youth Day, summer youth mission trip.
- Provide youth ministry resources (print, video, and web, diocesan) to pastors and parishes.
- Provide appropriate training for the adults and youth participating in leadership positions.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, support, and evaluating of volunteers and parish youth leaders working in youth ministry throughout the Diocese.
- Foster the involvement of young people in the life of their parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
- Advocate for a comprehensive vision of youth ministry based on the USCCB document Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
- Work with the Director of Faith Formation to determine age appropriate resources.
- Oversee a process for the organization and implementation of programs based on the seven components of youth ministry: creating community, understanding, catechesis, communication, empowerment, spirituality, service-which meet the needs and interests of youth and young adults throughout the Diocese.
- Effectively promote youth and young adult programs to parishes, schools and universities.
- Help young people develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ by increasing their knowledge of the Catholic faith through an increased knowledge and understanding of Scripture and Sacred Tradition.
- Operate within an established budget; monitor and fully account for spending and receipts.
- Collaborate with Diocesan Vocations Director and Family Life office to develop and promote outreaches that involve youth and young adults.
- Co-coordinate and maintain the OCFS media resource center.
- Assist parish youth directors with a unified participation in the annual FUS summer Youth Conference and other types of events available in our Diocese.
- Participates on committees and special projects as needed.
- Monitor trends and outreaches for youth and young adult ministry.
- Maintain the OCFS media resource center.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations with the ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Event planning.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Ability to make formal presentations.
- Possess a creative vision to assist in designing promotional materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works well with a variety of personalities.
- Relates well and has a passion or working with youth and young adults.
- Knowledge of Catholic Church structure and culture.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to develop and facilitate youth and young adult programs.
- Ability to read and understand Church documents and guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Catechetics, or related field.
- Experience working with youth or young adults.
- National Certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
- Must understand, support and embrace the mission of The Diocese of Steubenville.
- Must be a practicing Catholic and currently in good standing and participating in a parish.
- Willingness to travel throughout the 13 county area.
- May require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Work Place Factors:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required less than 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Duties also include set up and tear down of events, and travel to events like World Youth Day. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
St. John Central Grade School, Bellaire, actively seeks a 3rd grade teacher for the 2018-19 school year. The teacher will be responsible for implementing innovative academic instruction in whole group, small group, project based, and one-on-one settings, and to meet the needs of all learners. Required qualifications include practicing Christian in good standing, bachelor's degree in related field, valid state licensure, effective organization and communication, ability to work harmoniously as a member of an interdisciplinary team, willingness to spend the additional time needed to effectively meet challenges, objectives, and purposed of the school and its students. Please send letter of intent, resume, list of three professional references, transcripts, credentials, and philosophy of education electronically to Principal Jarett Kuhns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective applicants will be expected to provide three letters of recommendation at the time of interview with one being from the applicant’s pastor.
Seeking St. Mary School, Marietta, teachers
- Full time Aide
- PE teacher (2 1/2 days per week.)
- 6th Grade Teacher with a Science or History focus
- 7th Grade Teacher with a Science or History focus
- Intervention Specialist (through Marietta City Schools)
For additional information, telephone Molly Frye, principal, in the school office at (740) 374-8181 or email your resume to email@example.com
For listings not associated with the Diocese of Steubenville visit: Catholicjobs.com