Marriage, Family and Respect Life: Respect Life Conference
2018 Diocesan Respect Life Conference
Saturday, September 22, 2018
at Holy Family Church in Steubenville
Respect Life Mass
Offered by Bishop Jeffrey M. Monforton
"Navigating Medical Technology from a Catholic Perspective"
by Fr. Tad Pacholczyk, Ph.D.
Director of Education, The National Catholic Bioethics Center
After earning a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Yale University,
Fr. Tad did post-doctoral research at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
He subsequently studied in Rome where he did advanced studies in theology and in bioethics.
Breakout sessions will be offered on end of life issues, human trafficking, healing from abortion, science and faith, healing the culture, and more!
MORE DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
For more information:
2016 Diocesan Respect Life Conference
- “Healing the Shockwaves of Abortion: Abortion Scatters, Healing Gathers” - and - "You Need to Vote!" by Janet Morana (Executive Director of Priests for Life)
- "Legislative Update" by Kirsten Obadal, MA (National Committee for a Human Life Amendment in Washington, D.C.)
- "Being Bridges of Grace: Communicating the Pro-Life Message with Truth and Compassion" by Sharon Colvin, MPH (Director of Development and Interim Director of Client Services for the Pregnancy Resource Center of Athens County)
- "Two Decades of the Choose Life Program: What We Teach Students and What We’ve Learned” Vicky Follen (Executive Director of LifeWorks Ohio)
- "The Science of Stem Cells" - and - "Common arguments in stem cell research" Dr. Derek Doroski (Associate Professor of Biology at Franciscan University)
- "Maggie's Place: A Community for Pregnant and Parenting Women in Need of Support" by Margaret Adams
2015 Diocesan Respect Life Conference
Abby Johnson (Founder of And Then There Was None - An outreach to workers in the Abortion industry)
“Unpinning the Web of Planned Parenthood” by Abby Johnson (Founder of And Then There Was None - An outreach to workers in the Abortion industry)
"Health Care Decisions: How to Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones" by Rita Marker (Executive Director, Patients Rights Council)
“Legislative Update” by Katherine Beck (Field Program Coordinator, National Committee for a Human Life Amendment in Washington, D.C.)
“The call and challenge of our Church's teaching on the death penalty” by Jim Tobin (Associate Director, Department on Social Concerns, Ohio Catholic Conference)
“Bioethics: What every Catholic should know about fertility care” by Dr. Derek Doroski (Associate Professor of Biology, Franciscan University of Steubenville)
“Healing from Abortion” by Lynette Hawrot (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor)
“Our Mission: Lessons Learned from the World Meeting of Families" by Joseph Schmidt (Marriage Ministry Coordinator, Diocese of Steubenville )
2014 Diocesan Respect Life Conference
Jason B. Negri, MS, JD, (Assistant Director, Patients Rights Council)
Communicating the Pro-Life Message (Jason Negri, MS, JD, Assistant Director of the Patients Rights Council).
Freedom of Conscience: Challenges Faced by Medical Professionals (Dan Hawrot, RPh, Pharmacist with Trinity West in Steubenville)
Pope Francis is asking, "Are you planning for my Synods?" (Steve Koob, PhD, MATS, Director of One More Soul in Dayton)
Dynamics of Post-Abortion Healing (Lynette Hawrot, MA, LPCC, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor)
Not Your Grandmother's Rhythm Method: Latest Trends in NFP (Stephanie Rivers, CFCP, Steubenville FertilityCare Center)
FIT for Life: Forming Intentional Teens for Life (Nadia Mitchell, Ph.D, Director of Client Services, Pregnancy Resource Center of Athens County)
The Need for Conscience Protection: What’s Current in Congress (Amy McInerny of the National Committee for a Human Life Amendment in Washingon, D.C.)
Learning from the Past: How the History of Catholicism in American Can Help Us Understand Our Current Situation(Andrew Jones, Ph.D, Executive Director of Catholics United for the Faith)
Pope Paul VI Was Right! How the Warnings in Humanae Vitae Have Come True (John Spencer, FIC, Field Agent for the Knights of Columbus Insurance)