*For more detailed information, please view our "Archives Policy" under "Policies."
Marriage at Holy Name Cathedral
The Diocesan Archive holds mainly the sacramental records of closed parishes. However, we do maintain the older sacramental records of some parishes that are still open. Sacramental records include: baptism, communion, confirmation, and death.
If you are interested in requesting your sacramental records, please make sure you are an authorized recipient:
- The person named in the record (if over 18)
- The parent or legal guardian of the person named in the record (if the person is under the age of 18)
- If the person in the record is deceased, their descendants may have access to the records. However, the Archive must be presented with a death certificate of the person named as well as an official birth, baptismal, or marriage certificate proving that the requester is the next of kin
- Roman Catholic clergy or designates for the purpose of canonical investigation
- Other parties as designated by court order, subpoena, summons, or state/federal statute
If you are an authorized recipient, please fill out the form below